This past December, Windy City representatives Mike Schpitz and Slot-A came together with The DJBooth to drop their debut collaborative full-length. As longtime fans already know, though, that set was just the latest product of a relationship that goes way back. That is to say, the duo have quite a bit of collaborative work behind them. Case point: Big Ol Butt, an unreleased joint recorded circa 2009. Making its world premiere on our pages, the record finds Mike adopting a flow reminiscent of fellow booty fiend Slick Rick as he pays tribute to a few of his favorite asses in the (late-2000s) industry—including MIA, Santigold and Kid Sister. Slot-A backs his partner’s anatomically-preoccupied bars with a head-noddable mix of thumping percussion and grainy synth-bass. Feeling it? This joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but you can find plenty more dope material from the Chi-town twosome on Have You Seen My Stapler?, still available free of charge right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/5/13
Submit your Rating
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.