As anyone that has been keeping up with Mike Murder, I mean Mike Schpitz, knows, the clever Kansan emcee just doesn’t seem capable of making a mistake lately (World Cup refs, take notes). This time around sounds like more of the same, which is actually some good news when it comes to his latest single, We on Fire. On the beat side the DJBooth Freestyle series alum enlists producer Rob Bates to keep the energy level up with a digitally heavy and video game inspired beat (is that Paperboy I hear?) that matches Schpitz’s constantly fluctuating pop culture reference flow. Lyrically, Mike continues to ensure fans that his creativity/insanity is as rewind-worthy as ever by dropping off-kilter Hulk Hogan jokes and schpiting aggressively intelligent lines like: “I’m relaxed to the max, kick back in a glass house; Why ya’ll throw stones? I chokehold microphones.” For even more hip-hop heat from Mr. Schpitz be sure to check out his upcoming effort Stanley Ipkiss: Year of the Nice Guy EP, dropping August 3.
Written by Sigurd on 06/28/10
Submit your Rating
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.