As anyone that has been keeping up with Mike Murder, I mean Mike Schpitz, knows, the clever Kansan emcee just doesn’t seem capable of making a mistake lately (World Cup refs, take notes). This time around sounds like more of the same, which is actually some good news when it comes to his latest single, We on Fire. On the beat side the DJBooth Freestyle series alum enlists producer Rob Bates to keep the energy level up with a digitally heavy and video game inspired beat (is that Paperboy I hear?) that matches Schpitz’s constantly fluctuating pop culture reference flow. Lyrically, Mike continues to ensure fans that his creativity/insanity is as rewind-worthy as ever by dropping off-kilter Hulk Hogan jokes and schpiting aggressively intelligent lines like: “I’m relaxed to the max, kick back in a glass house; Why ya’ll throw stones? I chokehold microphones.” For even more hip-hop heat from Mr. Schpitz be sure to check out his upcoming effort Stanley Ipkiss: Year of the Nice Guy EP, dropping August 3.
Written by Sigurd on 06/28/10
Submit your Rating
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)