To many contemporary hip-hop fans, 2002 is practically old-school. Yeah, it makes me feel ancient too. But, you know what? There are some things that haven’t changed in the last decade or so. For example, Mike Schpitz is Still getting High. On single numero uno off his next indie full-length (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!), the Kansan reader fave fondly recollects his high-scohol years, waxing poetic about the music that shaped his tastes and the homies with whom he enjoyed soccer games, afternoon drives and (of course) smoking sessions. Chicago’s ILL Brown produces the cut’s slow-rolling beat, and Briana provides a smooth guest chorus. Topeka, High is currently unscheduled, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/16/14
Submit your Rating
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)