To many contemporary hip-hop fans, 2002 is practically old-school. Yeah, it makes me feel ancient too. But, you know what? There are some things that haven’t changed in the last decade or so. For example, Mike Schpitz is Still getting High. On single numero uno off his next indie full-length (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!), the Kansan reader fave fondly recollects his high-scohol years, waxing poetic about the music that shaped his tastes and the homies with whom he enjoyed soccer games, afternoon drives and (of course) smoking sessions. Chicago’s ILL Brown produces the cut’s slow-rolling beat, and Briana provides a smooth guest chorus. Topeka, High is currently unscheduled, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/16/14
Submit your Rating
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.