Last we heard from Mike Schpitz, on late-September mixtape leak Rolllinnn’, I wondered how the Booth fave could afford to spend the afternoon cruising his around the block, considering the sky-high gas prices in the Windy City. On the follow-up, making its world premiere right here on our pages, we get the answer: he drastically cut down on his weed budget. Like it’s predecessor, Pay Back finds Schpitz borrowing an instrumental from a Chuck Inglish beat tape; over the Cool Kids producer’s moody keys, screwed samples and chugging percussion rhythm, the Kansas City native (and freestyle series alum) makes an appeal to our sense of generosity: “Can I borrow a dollar? I swear I’ll pay you back… I’m just tryin’ to get a dime bag so I can relax.” After the down-to-earth, lyrically on-point verses Schpitz delivers here, I have a feeling Boothgoers will find it in their hearts to help the man out—but I’ll let y’all have the final say. Free street album The Prize Package Vol. 2 currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest on the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 10/10/12
Submit your Rating
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.