The problem of hatin’ may get all the press, but no less prevalent in today’s game is Jockin’, a related phenomenon in which talented artists are subjected to egregious levels of imitation and obsessive attention. Following in the footsteps of Tone Tone and Jay-Z, Mike Schpitz does his part to raise awareness on installment #7 in the ongoing #illRaps series. Here, the upbeat chopped-soul boardwork (complete with an entertainingly obscene sampled hook) of Slot-A sets the stage for a little lyrical venting from the freestyle series contributor and two fellow jock-ees. After the headliner vents his frustration with his peers’ unseemly behavior, Windy City neighbor Sincerely Yours and reader fave/fellow freestyle alum Neak chime in to commiserate, seasoning their verses with engaging imagery and punchlines: “You ready for the recipe? You wouldn’t understand, how to make these fellas jelly every time they hear me jam.” While I have a feeling this banger won’t dissuade the jockin-inclined, it will undoubtedly succeed in its secondary mission: to keep fans coming back for future entries in their weekly #illRaps series.
Written by richard on 02/17/11
Submit your Rating
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.