The problem of hatin’ may get all the press, but no less prevalent in today’s game is Jockin’, a related phenomenon in which talented artists are subjected to egregious levels of imitation and obsessive attention. Following in the footsteps of Tone Tone and Jay-Z, Mike Schpitz does his part to raise awareness on installment #7 in the ongoing #illRaps series. Here, the upbeat chopped-soul boardwork (complete with an entertainingly obscene sampled hook) of Slot-A sets the stage for a little lyrical venting from the freestyle series contributor and two fellow jock-ees. After the headliner vents his frustration with his peers’ unseemly behavior, Windy City neighbor Sincerely Yours and reader fave/fellow freestyle alum Neak chime in to commiserate, seasoning their verses with engaging imagery and punchlines: “You ready for the recipe? You wouldn’t understand, how to make these fellas jelly every time they hear me jam.” While I have a feeling this banger won’t dissuade the jockin-inclined, it will undoubtedly succeed in its secondary mission: to keep fans coming back for future entries in their weekly #illRaps series.
Written by richard on 02/17/11
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)