The problem of hatin’ may get all the press, but no less prevalent in today’s game is Jockin’, a related phenomenon in which talented artists are subjected to egregious levels of imitation and obsessive attention. Following in the footsteps of Tone Tone and Jay-Z, Mike Schpitz does his part to raise awareness on installment #7 in the ongoing #illRaps series. Here, the upbeat chopped-soul boardwork (complete with an entertainingly obscene sampled hook) of Slot-A sets the stage for a little lyrical venting from the freestyle series contributor and two fellow jock-ees. After the headliner vents his frustration with his peers’ unseemly behavior, Windy City neighbor Sincerely Yours and reader fave/fellow freestyle alum Neak chime in to commiserate, seasoning their verses with engaging imagery and punchlines: “You ready for the recipe? You wouldn’t understand, how to make these fellas jelly every time they hear me jam.” While I have a feeling this banger won’t dissuade the jockin-inclined, it will undoubtedly succeed in its secondary mission: to keep fans coming back for future entries in their weekly #illRaps series.
Written by richard on 02/17/11
Submit your Rating
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.