I suggest investing in a bulletproof vest before pressing play on Mike Schpitz’ latest Booth feature. Should you not be draped in Kevlar his latest effort will likely leave you ducking lyrical rounds of ammunition. Hole’d Up (Live From The Blap Cave) plays host to an impressive display of spitting from the Chicago-by-way-of-Kansas emcee, who covers Cash Out’s Beat Billionaire-produced cut, Hold Up. Schpitz packs a rapid-fire, attitude-fueled flow, which is all the more impressive considering it feels straight off the dome. So, where can you find more cuts just like this one? Hole’d Up might make the final track listing for Schpitz’ forthcoming mixtape The Prize Package Volume 2: Live From The Blap Cave, which is slated for release soon. Don’t want to wait? No problem. Schpitz, who was last featured on October’s Pay Back, will release Slot-A collabo effort Have You Seen My Stapler? on December 18, via DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/5/12
Submit your Rating
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.