I suggest investing in a bulletproof vest before pressing play on Mike Schpitz’ latest Booth feature. Should you not be draped in Kevlar his latest effort will likely leave you ducking lyrical rounds of ammunition. Hole’d Up (Live From The Blap Cave) plays host to an impressive display of spitting from the Chicago-by-way-of-Kansas emcee, who covers Cash Out’s Beat Billionaire-produced cut, Hold Up. Schpitz packs a rapid-fire, attitude-fueled flow, which is all the more impressive considering it feels straight off the dome. So, where can you find more cuts just like this one? Hole’d Up might make the final track listing for Schpitz’ forthcoming mixtape The Prize Package Volume 2: Live From The Blap Cave, which is slated for release soon. Don’t want to wait? No problem. Schpitz, who was last featured on October’s Pay Back, will release Slot-A collabo effort Have You Seen My Stapler? on December 18, via DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/5/12
Submit your Rating
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.