Mike Schpitz a.k.a. Love Jones a.k.a. the Pride of Kansas hip-hop may not be your typical rapper, but DJBooth isn’t your typical site, so Schpitz’s always dope, often off-kilter and occasionally hilarious rhyme style (see his last track The Get-Up (Remix)) has found a welcome home on our pages. On his latest track Hatin Again, Schpitz uses a soulful 9th Wonder beat for him and his fellow partners in rhyme Stik Figa and Adullescence (of The League of Ordinary Gentlemen) to smoothly flow over, with Schpitz rightfully taking the lyrical lead by issuing a preemptive strike against any potential haters: “I flow effortlessly…My wrist chilled, my chain cold, so I’m always playin it cool like Wayne Gretzky.” Because the only thing worse than being hated on once is when haters come back for seconds. Hatin Again is a highlight from Mike Schpitz’s upcoming tribute project to uber-producer 9th Wonder titled Love Potion Number 9th: The Hangover, due to drop November 18, on RefinedHype.com.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/10/09
Submit your Rating
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.