Mike Schpitz doesn’t harbor any illusions about his mortality. Like all of us, the Kansas City-born, Chicago-based rhymesayer is gonna get fitted for his Halo sooner or later. While he’s still on this earth, though, he’s doing all that he can to ensure his children are safe, while preparing them for the uncertain years ahead. On his latest promo single, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Schpitz reflects uneasily on the violence and strife that currently plague the Windy City streets, before switching gears to offer a stylized lyrical account of his hustle. ThatKidMyself, Mike’s former classmate at the University of Kansas, provides a jazzy, mid-tempo backdrop for his rhymes. This contemplative cut isn’t attached to a larger project, but those feeling it can, of course, watch our pages for all the latest from the Midwestern buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 10/8/13
Submit your Rating
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.