Mike Schpitz doesn’t harbor any illusions about his mortality. Like all of us, the Kansas City-born, Chicago-based rhymesayer is gonna get fitted for his Halo sooner or later. While he’s still on this earth, though, he’s doing all that he can to ensure his children are safe, while preparing them for the uncertain years ahead. On his latest promo single, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Schpitz reflects uneasily on the violence and strife that currently plague the Windy City streets, before switching gears to offer a stylized lyrical account of his hustle. ThatKidMyself, Mike’s former classmate at the University of Kansas, provides a jazzy, mid-tempo backdrop for his rhymes. This contemplative cut isn’t attached to a larger project, but those feeling it can, of course, watch our pages for all the latest from the Midwestern buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 10/8/13
Submit your Rating
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.