Slow money, fast money, old money, new money, red money, blue money… sorry to get all Dr. Seuss on y’all, but the point bears emphasis: any kind of money that exists, you can be damned sure Mike Schpitz is Gettin’ It. Though this newly-leaked mixtape cut (the first of four Booth-exclusive world premieres off his upcoming project!) is all about the Kansan emcee’s uncanny knack for attracting stacks, but fans need not worry that he’s compromised his lyrically-driven style for the currency. On the contrary – rather than curtailing his pen game, the freestyle alum‘s affection for the Almighty Dollar here serves as a springboard for punchlines on every topic under the sun. Over a minimal, chopped-soul-sample beat by the ever-versatile Slot-A, the up-and-comer weaves numerous and varied pop-culture references into a dense web of allusive freshness: “I predicted hate, so call me Miss Cleo, straight from the Source so call me Benzino.” Does this braggadocious banger leave you itching to give Schpitz a few bucks? If so, you’ll have to wait – set to drop March 30, his RefinedHype.com/YNotMyDream.net/Booth-presented The Prize Package Vol. 1 mixtape won’t cost you a dime.
Written by richard on 03/2/11
Submit your Rating
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)