Slow money, fast money, old money, new money, red money, blue money… sorry to get all Dr. Seuss on y’all, but the point bears emphasis: any kind of money that exists, you can be damned sure Mike Schpitz is Gettin’ It. Though this newly-leaked mixtape cut (the first of four Booth-exclusive world premieres off his upcoming project!) is all about the Kansan emcee’s uncanny knack for attracting stacks, but fans need not worry that he’s compromised his lyrically-driven style for the currency. On the contrary – rather than curtailing his pen game, the freestyle alum‘s affection for the Almighty Dollar here serves as a springboard for punchlines on every topic under the sun. Over a minimal, chopped-soul-sample beat by the ever-versatile Slot-A, the up-and-comer weaves numerous and varied pop-culture references into a dense web of allusive freshness: “I predicted hate, so call me Miss Cleo, straight from the Source so call me Benzino.” Does this braggadocious banger leave you itching to give Schpitz a few bucks? If so, you’ll have to wait – set to drop March 30, his RefinedHype.com/YNotMyDream.net/Booth-presented The Prize Package Vol. 1 mixtape won’t cost you a dime.
Written by richard on 03/2/11
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.