Rounding out today’s Mike-heavy feature lineup (see also Mike Dreams’ Gettin’ Ours and Mike Beatz’ 50/50) is Booth newcomer Mike Schpitz, a Topeka-born, Chicago-based emcee who recently took fans on a Sunday Drive with the release of his debut full-length (out now online). The first of two planned remixes off the project, this version of The Get Up finds the headliner teaming up with two League of Ordinary Gentlemen crewmates to give sucker emcees a sound thrashing. Over Phys Edison‘s marching-band brass, Shpitz, Windy City rapper-producer Add-2 and Topeka native Adullessence serves up three different flavors of lyrical fire. The headliner’s trash talk packed closing bars win out for sheer aggressiveness, but Add-2’s arch opener and Adullesence’s vivid middle verse don’t disappoint. The League of OGs is clearly a force to be reckoned with. Those who like what they’re hearing should keep it locked to our frontpage for more from Mike Schpitz and his up-and-coming crew.
Written by richard on 09/21/09
Submit your Rating
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hatin Again" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.