“If you’re going to do something, Do It Right.” It’s one of those axioms that we’ve all heard too many times to count, but how many of us can truthfully say we put forth a full-assed (as opposed to half- or quarter-assed) effort every time? Kansan emcee Mike Schpitz is one of the few who can answer in the affirmative – whether he’s gettin’ money or Going for Broke, the freestyle alum invariably gives it his all, and the latest leak off his forthcoming, Booth-sponsored mixtape continues that standard of excellence. Making its world premiere on our front page, this cut finds beatsmith Slot-A serving up a tweaked version of Madlib‘s break-driven Stormy instrumental (off Shades of Blue) as Mike drops rhymes as complex as they are swagger-drenched: “We’re role models for b*tches who swallow gold bottles, load me and Slot in Serato and turn it full throttle.” In addition to handling the beat, Slot guests on the front, blessing our eardrums with a verse penned during a particularly productive bathroom session. It’s not hard to see why Schpitz himself considers this joint a favorite – but even so, it’s only the beginning of the freshness in store on The Prize Package Volume 2, due out March 30.
Written by richard on 03/22/11
Submit your Rating
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.