Everyone has an opinion, but most of them are wrong. We all know I’m an exception to this rule, so let me share an opinion so that you won’t have to live through another regretful decision (sorry I couldn’t get back to you in time in regards to the head tattoo, Birdman): do not sleep on Mike Schpitz. The fan base, and the ratings, for DJBooth freestyle veteran Mr. Schpitz have been growing lately, a trend I fully expect to continue on third premiere leak, Dinner’s Hot. Mike does well to weave his extremely witty vocabulary - “my pound cake turn your head to red velvet” - over a slowly clapping Timbaland beat first heard on Jay-Z’s It’s Hot. If you can keep up with a classic track from The Life and Times of S. Carter, then you’re alright by me. If you’re hungry for more after Dinner’s Hot, be sure to download Schpitz’s DJBooth-sponsored mixtape Mike Murder when it hits our homepage on May 26.
Written by Sigurd on 05/17/10
Submit your Rating
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.