No, Mike Schpitz isn’t going into local politics—as dope as that would undoubtedly be. The title of new promo single City Council (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!) refers to Mike and two other emcees who are holding Topeka down on the musical tip. Making its world premiere in the DJBooth, the record finds Schpitz teaming up with talented neighbors Pedro Bizz Juanjulio (winner of Funk Volume‘s latest DFUOB competition) and Stik Figa, who join forces to rock the mic in honor of their hometown. Chicago repper and Booth regular Slot-A provides a laid-back instrumental backdrop for their bars. City Council is just a loosie, but fans can keep it locked for the latest from each of these talented KC reppers.
Written by richard on 08/20/14
Submit your Rating
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.