No, Mike Schpitz isn’t going into local politics—as dope as that would undoubtedly be. The title of new promo single City Council (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!) refers to Mike and two other emcees who are holding Topeka down on the musical tip. Making its world premiere in the DJBooth, the record finds Schpitz teaming up with talented neighbors Pedro Bizz Juanjulio (winner of Funk Volume‘s latest DFUOB competition) and Stik Figa, who join forces to rock the mic in honor of their hometown. Chicago repper and Booth regular Slot-A provides a laid-back instrumental backdrop for their bars. City Council is just a loosie, but fans can keep it locked for the latest from each of these talented KC reppers.
Written by richard on 08/20/14
Submit your Rating
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.