RCA recording artist Mike Posner may be doing it big today, but he hasn’t forgotten where he came from—nor does he want his fans to. As a reminder that success stories can emerge from the humblest backgrounds, the singer/songwriter takes us home to Detroit with him in the Jon Jon Augustavo-directed visuals for new single Top of the World. The record itself is similarly inspiring; backed by Diplo and Benny Blanco‘s head-nodding arpeggiated-synth grooves, Posner revels in his successes to date, and forecasts that 2014 will be his biggest year yet. Fellow Motown native Big Sean delivers brisk guest verses on the front and back. Featuring this cut, lead single The Way It Used to Be and much more, sophomore full-length Pages has yet to receive a drop date from the label brass. As always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 12/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoke n' Drive ft. Big Sean, Donnis & Jackie Chain" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.