RCA recording artist Mike Posner may be doing it big today, but he hasn’t forgotten where he came from—nor does he want his fans to. As a reminder that success stories can emerge from the humblest backgrounds, the singer/songwriter takes us home to Detroit with him in the Jon Jon Augustavo-directed visuals for new single Top of the World. The record itself is similarly inspiring; backed by Diplo and Benny Blanco‘s head-nodding arpeggiated-synth grooves, Posner revels in his successes to date, and forecasts that 2014 will be his biggest year yet. Fellow Motown native Big Sean delivers brisk guest verses on the front and back. Featuring this cut, lead single The Way It Used to Be and much more, sophomore full-length Pages has yet to receive a drop date from the label brass. As always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 12/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoke n' Drive ft. Big Sean, Donnis & Jackie Chain" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.