Remember back in the day when Kanye was actually, you know, humble(r). For instance, Last Call, in which he recounted his rise to fame. Like that ‘Ye classic Mike Posner’s latest, Toast, shares the same starting line “I would like to propose a Toast”, as well as its genuine and nostalgic feeling (what the hell happened, Kanye?). In a handwritten note, Posner dedicates his new record to anyone chasing his or her dreams, because that’s exactly what he is still doing. In addition to his distinct vocals, the RCA signee is joined behind the boards by MdL and Black Bear, who together craft an ideally-suited beat to compliment Posner’s breezy style and hammer home the song’s feel-good vibe. Like last month’s OshFest, Toast is not attached to anything larger, but with two quality releases in such close proximity, I’d say he has something in the works.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoke n' Drive ft. Big Sean, Donnis & Jackie Chain" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.