Remember back in the day when Kanye was actually, you know, humble(r). For instance, Last Call, in which he recounted his rise to fame. Like that ‘Ye classic Mike Posner’s latest, Toast, shares the same starting line “I would like to propose a Toast”, as well as its genuine and nostalgic feeling (what the hell happened, Kanye?). In a handwritten note, Posner dedicates his new record to anyone chasing his or her dreams, because that’s exactly what he is still doing. In addition to his distinct vocals, the RCA signee is joined behind the boards by MdL and Black Bear, who together craft an ideally-suited beat to compliment Posner’s breezy style and hammer home the song’s feel-good vibe. Like last month’s OshFest, Toast is not attached to anything larger, but with two quality releases in such close proximity, I’d say he has something in the works.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoke n' Drive ft. Big Sean, Donnis & Jackie Chain" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.