Remember back in the day when Kanye was actually, you know, humble(r). For instance, Last Call, in which he recounted his rise to fame. Like that ‘Ye classic Mike Posner’s latest, Toast, shares the same starting line “I would like to propose a Toast”, as well as its genuine and nostalgic feeling (what the hell happened, Kanye?). In a handwritten note, Posner dedicates his new record to anyone chasing his or her dreams, because that’s exactly what he is still doing. In addition to his distinct vocals, the RCA signee is joined behind the boards by MdL and Black Bear, who together craft an ideally-suited beat to compliment Posner’s breezy style and hammer home the song’s feel-good vibe. Like last month’s OshFest, Toast is not attached to anything larger, but with two quality releases in such close proximity, I’d say he has something in the works.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoke n' Drive ft. Big Sean, Donnis & Jackie Chain" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.