As Mike Posner prepares to unleash the follow-up to 2010 debut 31 Minutes to Takeoff, you’d think the RCA recording artist would have his gaze firmly fixed on the future, but the set’s lead single finds the singer, songwriter and producer pining after a past love. As the Detroit native reminisces about “The Way It Used to Be” with a certain woman, he illustrates the continued evolution of his vocal style, employing a softer, smoother delivery than on his previous hits. To counterbalance the record’s bittersweet themes, co-producers Martin Johnson and Ammo turn in a synth-driven instrumental with a sunny, exuberant vibe. Has this radio-ready jam whet your appetite for more? Then don’t touch that dial; we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest leading up to the release of Pages this coming fall.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoke n' Drive ft. Big Sean, Donnis & Jackie Chain" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!