As Mike Posner prepares to unleash the follow-up to 2010 debut 31 Minutes to Takeoff, you’d think the RCA recording artist would have his gaze firmly fixed on the future, but the set’s lead single finds the singer, songwriter and producer pining after a past love. As the Detroit native reminisces about “The Way It Used to Be” with a certain woman, he illustrates the continued evolution of his vocal style, employing a softer, smoother delivery than on his previous hits. To counterbalance the record’s bittersweet themes, co-producers Martin Johnson and Ammo turn in a synth-driven instrumental with a sunny, exuberant vibe. Has this radio-ready jam whet your appetite for more? Then don’t touch that dial; we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest leading up to the release of Pages this coming fall.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoke n' Drive ft. Big Sean, Donnis & Jackie Chain" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.