Mike Posner may not be a household name quite yet but, with his first headlining tour on the horizon and an album set to hit stores before the summer’s out, the Duke grad’s clearly poised to blast off to pop superstardom very, very soon. Fresh off the success of lead selection Cooler Than Me, the Michigan singer/songwriter/producer’s back with Please Don’t Go, a follow-up sure to wake up those who’ve been sleeping. Posner’s raspy vocals sound as uniquely appealing as ever as he shares his insecurities regarding a blossoming romance (“If I wake up tomorrow, will you still be here?”), but this time it’s his production that steals the show – featuring upbeat percussion, a killer bassline and, shockingly enough, the tasteful use of Nintendo-esque synths, this joint’s instrumental is one of the best blends of 8-bit nostalgia and cutting edge pop appeal I’ve heard in a minute. But that’s just my take – what do you think, Booth readers? Those who like what they’re hearing should keep it locked for the latest leading up to the August release of Mike Posner’s freshman effort, 31 Minutes to Takeoff.
Written by richard on 07/22/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoke n' Drive ft. Big Sean, Donnis & Jackie Chain" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.