Once upon a time, Mike Posner thought a major-label deal would spell the end of all his problems—from his financial woes to his emotional insecurities. While it certainly helped with the former, it didn’t do a damn thing for the latter, as he admits on the newly-released My Light. On this freshly-minted promo cut, the Michigan-based singer/songwriter and producer speaks frankly on his flaws and personal failings, before shifting the focus to acceptance and self-improvement. Over his and Jayson DeZuzio‘s guitar-driven instrumental, he expresses an upbeat attitude regarding what lies ahead: “This is it, it was a new beginning / I followed my heart so now I’m winning.” While My Light is just a loosie, the positive energy Posner exhibits here can only bode well for his sophomore set, Pages. Keep it locked for the latest on the long-awaited LP, which has yet to be assigned a drop date.
Update: We have added the Lawrence Chen-directed visuals for Mike Posner’s My Light single.
Written by richard on 02/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoke n' Drive ft. Big Sean, Donnis & Jackie Chain" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.