Attention, ladies: if you’ve been wondering what turns Mike Posner on, you should be paying very close attention to this jam. Previewed as a snippet on the Duke University grad’s just-released The Layover ‘tape, the newly-selected lead single off the pop hitmaker’s just-announced sophomore studio album, finds Posner drooling over a woman who embodies his ideal of hotness—in his own words, she simply “Looks Like Sex.” Just what is it about the female in question that gets him going? The verses he delivers over his and MDL‘s beat, a club-ready blend of scorching synths, sampled vocal accents and four-on-the-floor percussion, are scanty on the details, but it’s clear that her alternative style (“I see your nose ring, it looks like a bullseye.”) and her curvaceous booty (“That ass makes me wanna oooh…”) are major draws. Complete with a falsetto hook that’s unlikely to exit my head anytime soon, Looks Like Sex has all the makings of Posner’s next hit—or do I have it twisted? If you like what you’re hearing, be sure to cop the record when it hits iTunes Dec. 6, and keep it locked for all the latest leading up to the release of Sky High in early 2012.
Written by richard on 11/30/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoke n' Drive ft. Big Sean, Donnis & Jackie Chain" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.