Many people will tell you that everything happens for a reason—whether that reason is God, fate, or some other unfathomable force in the universe—but events like those that occurred this past Friday in Newtown, Connecticut present a strong challenge to that belief. On his latest promo single, written and recorded as a dedication to victims of the tragedy, Mike Posner admits that he can’t see any rhyme or reason in what went down, but speculates, “Maybe it’ll all make sense in Heaven.” The Southfield, Michigan representative backs his heartfelt vocals with a simple, but effective I-V-v-IV chord progression on piano and guitar. This poignant cut is, as mentioned above, simply a promo single, but Posner fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for further news and song releases from the RCA Records recording artist.
Written by richard on 12/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoke n' Drive ft. Big Sean, Donnis & Jackie Chain" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.