Attention ladies: if you’re looking for a low-maintenance relationship, Mike Posner just might be your man. As the Michigan native and recent J Records signee explains on his latest feature, cooking, putting on makeup and the like are purely optional; he simply asks that his significant other keep him supplied with the essentials – weed, codeine, that kind of thing. This remix of Drug Dealer Girl, a record originally featured on Posner’s Matter of Time mixtape, is considerably more debauched than your average love jam, but even the stone-sober should be able to appreciate its appeal. If the Duke University senior’s rasped hook and ear-catching, synth-piano instrumental (co-produced with Wrightrax) aren’t intoxicating enough to earn your approval, Wale‘s seriously stoned guest contribution should win you over – in a dreamy, sung-rapped flow, the D.C. buzzmaker delivers verses peppered with entertainingly spaced-out non sequiturs. Craving more from this always-innovative up-and-comer? Fans can find their next fix on Posner’s DJ Benzi-presented Elitaste CMJ mixtape, released prior to last weekend’s College Music Journal festivities.
Written by richard on 10/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoke n' Drive ft. Big Sean, Donnis & Jackie Chain" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.