Every year brings a brand new class of emcees, who are just waiting to showcase their skills and rap their way into our hearts and ears by years end. 2014’s rookie class has stormed out of the gates, led by the likes of Mike Melinoe; the 21-year-old Booth newcomer makes a strong first impression with Steady Vibe. Setting the mood on this funky, charismatic effort is beat duo Stereo Symphony, who take a heavenly sample and sprinkle it out of a jazzy instrumental, managing to sneak in a fairly cool horn section. While the beat is eclectic and chill the Michigan emcee does all the heavy lifting, imparting an impressive, cascading flow that is razor sharp but still relaxed and fun; the perfect blend of business and pleasure. There is no word on a larger release at this time, but keep it locked to The DJBooth for more from the upstart Melinoe.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/5/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.