Great books, movies, and music have high replay value. It’s just a simple fact. Detroit emcee Mike Melinoe is on the path to creating that kind of greatness. His new single, Henry Ol’$kool, is packed with darker creative imagery and wordplay than we’ve heard from him to date. After watching his last video and hearing this new record, it sounds like Mike has more sides to him than we knew. Here he presents an alter ego called Henry Ol’$kool, who is the opposite from Mike in every way possible (see: the hook). You never have to worry about what goes through Mike’s head since he puts all of his thoughts into his songs. After each play, I catch a new line that previously went over my head. Stereo Symphony plays around with a lighthearted beat that sounds like he made it on a toy piano from kindergarten, making the hook sound even more like satire than anything else. You’ll get to hear more from Mike (and Henry) on his upcoming project, PropeR ElementS, out June 17.
Written by Bryan H on 04/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.