Ever since the birth of hip-hop in the ‘80s, battling has always been synonymous with picking up a microphone. What goes over the head of most of us is the most common battle rapper’s face, which is the one within themselves and their surroundings. It is this battle that Baltimore lyricist Mike Lee, making his The DJBooth debut, chooses to tackle on his second single, What’s Become of Me, off his forthcoming mixtape. Over a piano-and-drum-laced beat and fitting sample, courtesy of Serious Beats, Lee touches on the stresses that he is facing as an artist and a man. Like the title suggests, Lee uses Become of Me as a platform to express his own reality check to others. Be on the lookout for Tears of Noise, which is due out, for free, on Wednesday, March 27.
AesthetiKreations Ent LLC.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.