Ever since the birth of hip-hop in the ‘80s, battling has always been synonymous with picking up a microphone. What goes over the head of most of us is the most common battle rapper’s face, which is the one within themselves and their surroundings. It is this battle that Baltimore lyricist Mike Lee, making his The DJBooth debut, chooses to tackle on his second single, What’s Become of Me, off his forthcoming mixtape. Over a piano-and-drum-laced beat and fitting sample, courtesy of Serious Beats, Lee touches on the stresses that he is facing as an artist and a man. Like the title suggests, Lee uses Become of Me as a platform to express his own reality check to others. Be on the lookout for Tears of Noise, which is due out, for free, on Wednesday, March 27.
Written by Joven Haye on 03/26/13
Submit your Rating
AesthetiKreations Ent LLC.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.