When Mike Jones released the single Mr. Jones, nobody was overly impressed. Then Jones released My 6’4, featuring Snoop and Bun B, and still nobody was impressed. Fitting indeed then on a third try to generate buzz for his long-overdue sophomore album, The American Dream, Jones entitled his new song Turning Heads. Featuring nobody except the production work of Salih Williams, Jones uses his gimmicky repetitiveness once again in hopes that his fans forget either his cell phone number or myspace URL. The American Dream, take it or leave it, drops this October.
Written by DJ Z on 09/10/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Jones" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.