When Mike Jones released the single Mr. Jones, nobody was overly impressed. Then Jones released My 6’4, featuring Snoop and Bun B, and still nobody was impressed. Fitting indeed then on a third try to generate buzz for his long-overdue sophomore album, The American Dream, Jones entitled his new song Turning Heads. Featuring nobody except the production work of Salih Williams, Jones uses his gimmicky repetitiveness once again in hopes that his fans forget either his cell phone number or myspace URL. The American Dream, take it or leave it, drops this October.
Written by DJ Z on 09/10/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Jones" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.