When Mike Jones released the single Mr. Jones, nobody was overly impressed. Then Jones released My 6’4, featuring Snoop and Bun B, and still nobody was impressed. Fitting indeed then on a third try to generate buzz for his long-overdue sophomore album, The American Dream, Jones entitled his new song Turning Heads. Featuring nobody except the production work of Salih Williams, Jones uses his gimmicky repetitiveness once again in hopes that his fans forget either his cell phone number or myspace URL. The American Dream, take it or leave it, drops this October.
Written by DJ Z on 09/10/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Jones" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)