After four years, numerous cuts, a title trimming, and three official singles, the release of Mike Jones’ sophomore album, The Voice, is finally on the horizon. Since Jones has stated many times that he’s aiming to match the double-platinum success of Who Is Mike Jones? with his latest LP, it’s easy to see why, on the all-important ‘single before the album,’ he sticks to his time-tested formula. In the relatively successful, female-oriented tradition of Drop & Gimme 50, Cuddy Buddy, and Next To You, the record finds him joining forces with an uncredited hook singer to praise a woman who’s got Swag Thru The Roof. Complete with a synth-heavy beat by Swole and a generous helping of his trademark “Mike Jones! Who?” and “(281)-206-4336!” (new number, same concept) ad libs, STDR showcases the same old Mike Jones, love him or hate him. If you’re in the ‘love him’ category, make sure you pick up The Voice when it drops April 28th.
Written by Burmy on 04/19/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Jones" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.