After four years, numerous cuts, a title trimming, and three official singles, the release of Mike Jones’ sophomore album, The Voice, is finally on the horizon. Since Jones has stated many times that he’s aiming to match the double-platinum success of Who Is Mike Jones? with his latest LP, it’s easy to see why, on the all-important ‘single before the album,’ he sticks to his time-tested formula. In the relatively successful, female-oriented tradition of Drop & Gimme 50, Cuddy Buddy, and Next To You, the record finds him joining forces with an uncredited hook singer to praise a woman who’s got Swag Thru The Roof. Complete with a synth-heavy beat by Swole and a generous helping of his trademark “Mike Jones! Who?” and “(281)-206-4336!” (new number, same concept) ad libs, STDR showcases the same old Mike Jones, love him or hate him. If you’re in the ‘love him’ category, make sure you pick up The Voice when it drops April 28th.
Written by Burmy on 04/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Jones" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.