After four years, numerous cuts, a title trimming, and three official singles, the release of Mike Jones’ sophomore album, The Voice, is finally on the horizon. Since Jones has stated many times that he’s aiming to match the double-platinum success of Who Is Mike Jones? with his latest LP, it’s easy to see why, on the all-important ‘single before the album,’ he sticks to his time-tested formula. In the relatively successful, female-oriented tradition of Drop & Gimme 50, Cuddy Buddy, and Next To You, the record finds him joining forces with an uncredited hook singer to praise a woman who’s got Swag Thru The Roof. Complete with a synth-heavy beat by Swole and a generous helping of his trademark “Mike Jones! Who?” and “(281)-206-4336!” (new number, same concept) ad libs, STDR showcases the same old Mike Jones, love him or hate him. If you’re in the ‘love him’ category, make sure you pick up The Voice when it drops April 28th.
Written by Burmy on 04/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Jones" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.