After four years, numerous cuts, a title trimming, and three official singles, the release of Mike Jones’ sophomore album, The Voice, is finally on the horizon. Since Jones has stated many times that he’s aiming to match the double-platinum success of Who Is Mike Jones? with his latest LP, it’s easy to see why, on the all-important ‘single before the album,’ he sticks to his time-tested formula. In the relatively successful, female-oriented tradition of Drop & Gimme 50, Cuddy Buddy, and Next To You, the record finds him joining forces with an uncredited hook singer to praise a woman who’s got Swag Thru The Roof. Complete with a synth-heavy beat by Swole and a generous helping of his trademark “Mike Jones! Who?” and “(281)-206-4336!” (new number, same concept) ad libs, STDR showcases the same old Mike Jones, love him or hate him. If you’re in the ‘love him’ category, make sure you pick up The Voice when it drops April 28th.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Jones" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!