Houston’s own Mike Jones is back on the scene with his new single, Mr. Jones. While he was away, Mr. Jones stepped his game up. His delivery is much tighter, his lines are cleverer, and the production work done by Myke Diesal is definitely an upgrade. Although the content is much of the same we’ve come to expect from Mike Jones, in a more refined package the song is still very catchy. This is partially accredited to the sing-song chorus. At the end of the day, he definitely gets his point across. A true testament to the saying that he is best known for “Back then they ain’t want me, now I’m hot they all on me”, Mr. Jones is truly living his own version of “The American Dream” and shows no signs of slowing down.
Written by Chicki on 01/11/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like What I Got" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.