Houston’s own Mike Jones is back on the scene with his new single, Mr. Jones. While he was away, Mr. Jones stepped his game up. His delivery is much tighter, his lines are cleverer, and the production work done by Myke Diesal is definitely an upgrade. Although the content is much of the same we’ve come to expect from Mike Jones, in a more refined package the song is still very catchy. This is partially accredited to the sing-song chorus. At the end of the day, he definitely gets his point across. A true testament to the saying that he is best known for “Back then they ain’t want me, now I’m hot they all on me”, Mr. Jones is truly living his own version of “The American Dream” and shows no signs of slowing down.
Written by Chicki on 01/11/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like What I Got" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)