Even though Mike Jones‘s ColliPark-produced single, Drop & Gimme 50, has been in constant rotation on BET, the single has yet to catch on nationally. Nonetheless, Mr. Jones is a man with a plan, one that includes the much-anticipated new single, Cutty Buddy. Originally recorded by rap group Trillville, the H-Town native acquired the song’s rights via his label, Warner Bros. While T-Pain‘s hook (and Jim Jonsin‘s smooth production) remain from the original, joining in on the fun are Lil’ Wayne and Twista. Though it was originally scheduled for release on July 8, Jones’ new album, Voice of the Streets, will be released later this fall. By then he might have a few more buddies…
Written by Burmy on 05/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Jones" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.