Even though Mike Jones‘s ColliPark-produced single, Drop & Gimme 50, has been in constant rotation on BET, the single has yet to catch on nationally. Nonetheless, Mr. Jones is a man with a plan, one that includes the much-anticipated new single, Cutty Buddy. Originally recorded by rap group Trillville, the H-Town native acquired the song’s rights via his label, Warner Bros. While T-Pain‘s hook (and Jim Jonsin‘s smooth production) remain from the original, joining in on the fun are Lil’ Wayne and Twista. Though it was originally scheduled for release on July 8, Jones’ new album, Voice of the Streets, will be released later this fall. By then he might have a few more buddies…
Written by Burmy on 05/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Jones" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)