Even though Mike Jones‘s ColliPark-produced single, Drop & Gimme 50, has been in constant rotation on BET, the single has yet to catch on nationally. Nonetheless, Mr. Jones is a man with a plan, one that includes the much-anticipated new single, Cutty Buddy. Originally recorded by rap group Trillville, the H-Town native acquired the song’s rights via his label, Warner Bros. While T-Pain‘s hook (and Jim Jonsin‘s smooth production) remain from the original, joining in on the fun are Lil’ Wayne and Twista. Though it was originally scheduled for release on July 8, Jones’ new album, Voice of the Streets, will be released later this fall. By then he might have a few more buddies…
Written by Burmy on 05/18/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Jones" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.