Even though Mike Jones‘s ColliPark-produced single, Drop & Gimme 50, has been in constant rotation on BET, the single has yet to catch on nationally. Nonetheless, Mr. Jones is a man with a plan, one that includes the much-anticipated new single, Cutty Buddy. Originally recorded by rap group Trillville, the H-Town native acquired the song’s rights via his label, Warner Bros. While T-Pain‘s hook (and Jim Jonsin‘s smooth production) remain from the original, joining in on the fun are Lil’ Wayne and Twista. Though it was originally scheduled for release on July 8, Jones’ new album, Voice of the Streets, will be released later this fall. By then he might have a few more buddies…
Written by Burmy on 05/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Jones" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.