Even though Mike Jones‘s ColliPark-produced single, Drop & Gimme 50, has been in constant rotation on BET, the single has yet to catch on nationally. Nonetheless, Mr. Jones is a man with a plan, one that includes the much-anticipated new single, Cutty Buddy. Originally recorded by rap group Trillville, the H-Town native acquired the song’s rights via his label, Warner Bros. While T-Pain‘s hook (and Jim Jonsin‘s smooth production) remain from the original, joining in on the fun are Lil’ Wayne and Twista. Though it was originally scheduled for release on July 8, Jones’ new album, Voice of the Streets, will be released later this fall. By then he might have a few more buddies…
Written by Burmy on 05/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Jones" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.