When Mike Jones released his debut album, Who Is Mike Jones?, in April of ’05, the record industry hadn’t yet suffered the massive drop-off in revenue it’s currently experiencing (remember- Jones nearly reached double platinum). Three years later, the Houston native hopes to release his long awaited follow-up,The Voice of The Streets, this April, after watching his American Dream DVD/CD go bust. While his current single Drop and Gimme 50 has remained stagnant at radio, My Burner, a collaboration with Plies, makes an entrance into our DJBooth. The track is an ode to Mike’s favorite gun, and to show us how much he loves it, he graces the beat with his singing vocals. Yup, never a dull moment in this industry.
Written by DJ Z on 03/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Jones" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.