When Mike Jones released his debut album, Who Is Mike Jones?, in April of ’05, the record industry hadn’t yet suffered the massive drop-off in revenue it’s currently experiencing (remember- Jones nearly reached double platinum). Three years later, the Houston native hopes to release his long awaited follow-up,The Voice of The Streets, this April, after watching his American Dream DVD/CD go bust. While his current single Drop and Gimme 50 has remained stagnant at radio, My Burner, a collaboration with Plies, makes an entrance into our DJBooth. The track is an ode to Mike’s favorite gun, and to show us how much he loves it, he graces the beat with his singing vocals. Yup, never a dull moment in this industry.
Written by DJ Z on 03/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Jones" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.