After canceling plans to release the full-length American Dream LP (replaced by a 6-track EP attached to the DVD), Mike Jones went back in the studio to record new material. This time around, however, it will be for a reworked version of that dream, The Voice of the Streets. On the first official single, Jones goes back to his club music roots, telling all the sexy ladies to get on the dance floor and Drop & Gimme 50. Assisting Mr. Jones is a highly-energized Hurricane Chris, but the production work from Mr. ColliPark is what gives Drop & Gimme 50 enough power to get Jones’ name back in the club. The Voice of the Streets is set to be released in spring 2008.
Written by Burmy on 11/25/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Jones" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.