After canceling plans to release the full-length American Dream LP (replaced by a 6-track EP attached to the DVD), Mike Jones went back in the studio to record new material. This time around, however, it will be for a reworked version of that dream, The Voice of the Streets. On the first official single, Jones goes back to his club music roots, telling all the sexy ladies to get on the dance floor and Drop & Gimme 50. Assisting Mr. Jones is a highly-energized Hurricane Chris, but the production work from Mr. ColliPark is what gives Drop & Gimme 50 enough power to get Jones’ name back in the club. The Voice of the Streets is set to be released in spring 2008.
Written by Burmy on 11/25/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Jones" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.