Remember how awful Speed 2: Cruise Control was? How Keanu Reeves’ character was carelessly written out of the plot, which didn’t make all that much sense to begin with? Well, that has absolutely nothing to do with the Cruise Control, the latest single from Brooklyn-based rapper Mike Jaggerr; I just figured that, by reminding you of something really bad, I could make this dope record sound even more dope by comparison. You’re welcome. Anyway… making its world premiere right here in the Booth, this joint finds the Booth newcomer demonstrating his skills on the mic and behind the boards, constructing a hazy, chromatic instrumental backdrop for his laid-back musings on top-down cruisin’. Supporting Jaggerr on the guest tip is a Booth favorite; on the back, Big K.R.I.T. shares some acrobatically-flowed thoughts on everything from candy-painted whips to the Man Upstairs. Does this sound like something you could cruise to? Then you can expect plenty more whip-ready jams on The Eleventh Hour, set to hit the ‘net (appropriately enough) on the 11th.
Written by richard on 01/5/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label