Remember how awful Speed 2: Cruise Control was? How Keanu Reeves’ character was carelessly written out of the plot, which didn’t make all that much sense to begin with? Well, that has absolutely nothing to do with the Cruise Control, the latest single from Brooklyn-based rapper Mike Jaggerr; I just figured that, by reminding you of something really bad, I could make this dope record sound even more dope by comparison. You’re welcome. Anyway… making its world premiere right here in the Booth, this joint finds the Booth newcomer demonstrating his skills on the mic and behind the boards, constructing a hazy, chromatic instrumental backdrop for his laid-back musings on top-down cruisin’. Supporting Jaggerr on the guest tip is a Booth favorite; on the back, Big K.R.I.T. shares some acrobatically-flowed thoughts on everything from candy-painted whips to the Man Upstairs. Does this sound like something you could cruise to? Then you can expect plenty more whip-ready jams on The Eleventh Hour, set to hit the ‘net (appropriately enough) on the 11th.
Written by richard on 01/5/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)