Remember how awful Speed 2: Cruise Control was? How Keanu Reeves’ character was carelessly written out of the plot, which didn’t make all that much sense to begin with? Well, that has absolutely nothing to do with the Cruise Control, the latest single from Brooklyn-based rapper Mike Jaggerr; I just figured that, by reminding you of something really bad, I could make this dope record sound even more dope by comparison. You’re welcome. Anyway… making its world premiere right here in the Booth, this joint finds the Booth newcomer demonstrating his skills on the mic and behind the boards, constructing a hazy, chromatic instrumental backdrop for his laid-back musings on top-down cruisin’. Supporting Jaggerr on the guest tip is a Booth favorite; on the back, Big K.R.I.T. shares some acrobatically-flowed thoughts on everything from candy-painted whips to the Man Upstairs. Does this sound like something you could cruise to? Then you can expect plenty more whip-ready jams on The Eleventh Hour, set to hit the ‘net (appropriately enough) on the 11th.
Written by richard on 01/5/11
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.