One of the best things about hip-hop is its diversity. Some rappers are wildly entertaining by saying the craziest things they can think of (Lil B or 2 Chainz) and then some folks make uplifting records about life that end up being enjoyable while they get their message across. Enter Mike Dreams. To create buzz for his upcoming album, Millennial, Dreams drops off his first single (a The DJBooth world premiere!) from the project, We The Ones. Produced by Gmo and featuring scratches from DJ Advance, We The Ones is a string-heavy and steadily knocking track that the Minnesota native uses to discuss aspects of his upbringing, and the stories of struggles overcome by others. If you find yourself singing along to the chorus, it’s because you probably remember it; Dreams uses an interpolation of Kanye West’s Family Business, off 2004’s The College Dropout. Millennial is Dreams’ third full-length independent album and is slated for a late spring/early summer release. In the meantime, keep your eyes and ears glued to The DJBooth for even more real life rap from the Midwest stand out in the near future.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.