One of the best things about hip-hop is its diversity. Some rappers are wildly entertaining by saying the craziest things they can think of (Lil B or 2 Chainz) and then some folks make uplifting records about life that end up being enjoyable while they get their message across. Enter Mike Dreams. To create buzz for his upcoming album, Millennial, Dreams drops off his first single (a The DJBooth world premiere!) from the project, We The Ones. Produced by Gmo and featuring scratches from DJ Advance, We The Ones is a string-heavy and steadily knocking track that the Minnesota native uses to discuss aspects of his upbringing, and the stories of struggles overcome by others. If you find yourself singing along to the chorus, it’s because you probably remember it; Dreams uses an interpolation of Kanye West’s Family Business, off 2004’s The College Dropout. Millennial is Dreams’ third full-length independent album and is slated for a late spring/early summer release. In the meantime, keep your eyes and ears glued to The DJBooth for even more real life rap from the Midwest stand out in the near future.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.