The road to Dreamer’s Poetry has been a long one, but Booth favorite Mike Dreams remains as driven as ever to write his name among the stars. As he reminded us on his last feature, “Success is but a breath away…” On his latest single selection (making its world premiere in the Booth), my Minne-ap neighbor makes clear that he’s not going to stop once he attains supremacy on the local, or even national scene; on the contrary, “We Goin’ Worldwide.” This My Jam singer Christina Fisher reprises her role as hookwoman on this exultant joint, which finds the headliner delivering a triple helping of characteristically on-point aspirational lyricism over a triumphant, brassy instrumental by NJ producer Apollo DeLorean. Is Dreams destined for international superstardom? That’s hard to say, but he’s certainly got the skills to hit it big. To keep the focus on the here and now, the artist’s hotly-anticipated 2DopeBoyz/DJBooth.net-sponsored sophomore set is scheduled to (finally) drop sometime in January 2010 – and, if the material we’ve heard thus far is any indication, it’ll be more than worth the wait.
Written by richard on 11/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.