The road to Dreamer’s Poetry has been a long one, but Booth favorite Mike Dreams remains as driven as ever to write his name among the stars. As he reminded us on his last feature, “Success is but a breath away…” On his latest single selection (making its world premiere in the Booth), my Minne-ap neighbor makes clear that he’s not going to stop once he attains supremacy on the local, or even national scene; on the contrary, “We Goin’ Worldwide.” This My Jam singer Christina Fisher reprises her role as hookwoman on this exultant joint, which finds the headliner delivering a triple helping of characteristically on-point aspirational lyricism over a triumphant, brassy instrumental by NJ producer Apollo DeLorean. Is Dreams destined for international superstardom? That’s hard to say, but he’s certainly got the skills to hit it big. To keep the focus on the here and now, the artist’s hotly-anticipated 2DopeBoyz/DJBooth.net-sponsored sophomore set is scheduled to (finally) drop sometime in January 2010 – and, if the material we’ve heard thus far is any indication, it’ll be more than worth the wait.
Written by richard on 11/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.