Mike Dreams sure is spending a lot of time saying goodbye lately. The last time we heard the Minneapolis emcee and Freestyle Alum he was waving to the haters, and now on his new single, making its premiere right here, right now, he’s saying So Long to all the negativity thrown his way. On the production side of the coin Jimmy Easy crafts a hard to describe beat (is that a mandolin?) that’s both pounding and beautiful, while on the mic Mike blends his trademark blend of honest introspection and punchlines: “All because I wouldn’t play the game / no I am not a Martian but I am not the same.” Throw in powerful vocal performance by Ryanne Noelle of the indie rock band Seventh Ascent and you’ve got a record guaranteed to leave doubters in the dust. Looking to live out more of your hip-hop Dreams? You’re in luck. Mike and Seventh Ascent will be performing in Atlanta on November 12, as part of The Urban Music Initiative Concert, and his DJBooth.net/FLüD Watches sponsored free album, Just Waking Up, rises and shines on our homepage tomorrow, October 14.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.