Sure, Mike Dreams’ Millennial album has been out for a year, but the project (available here in The DJBooth, by the way) is so solid that it’s still getting attention today. Now, standout cut Losing Myself has received the visual treatment as part of Adam J. Dunn’s #LAAB (Lights And A Backdrop) video series. The minimalistic, yet visually striking black-and-white video only adds to the song’s poignant, introspective vibe. Over Cody Daze’s foggy, dazed board work, Dreams offers fans a little insight into his internal struggles, delivering candid verses and a smooth, sung hook. There couldn’t be a better fit for the #LAAB series than Losing Myself.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.