Sure, Mike Dreams’ Millennial album has been out for a year, but the project (available here in The DJBooth, by the way) is so solid that it’s still getting attention today. Now, standout cut Losing Myself has received the visual treatment as part of Adam J. Dunn’s #LAAB (Lights And A Backdrop) video series. The minimalistic, yet visually striking black-and-white video only adds to the song’s poignant, introspective vibe. Over Cody Daze’s foggy, dazed board work, Dreams offers fans a little insight into his internal struggles, delivering candid verses and a smooth, sung hook. There couldn’t be a better fit for the #LAAB series than Losing Myself.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/5/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.