Cynics, now would be a good time to step away from your computer; the dose of musical positivity Mike Dreams delivers on the latest (and probably final) single/leak off his long-awaited debut album is so strong it might send you into convulsions – either that or make your heart instantly grow three sizes larger a la the Grinch. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Hip Hope Anthem (Hello World) finds Minne-ap beatsmith Cory Grindberg serving up a sweeping piano-synth instrumental (originally featured on a remix of Jay-Z‘s Hello Brooklyn) as Dreams spits some of his most inspirational bars to date. He ends the record with a powerful statement of unity: “I do it for y’all – I’m proud to be black, but I’m more proud to be human and, see, we all are that.” Topped off with a solo by Twin Cities guitarist Mike Frey, this rap anthem is one that hip-hop heads of all shapes, sizes, colors and creeds should be able to get behind. Dreamer’s Poetry is set to hit DJBooth.net for free download on Feb. 8, in anticipation of its physical release the next day; fans can check out a sneak peek at the tracklist and album art at RefinedHype.com right now.
Written by richard on 01/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.