Cynics, now would be a good time to step away from your computer; the dose of musical positivity Mike Dreams delivers on the latest (and probably final) single/leak off his long-awaited debut album is so strong it might send you into convulsions – either that or make your heart instantly grow three sizes larger a la the Grinch. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Hip Hope Anthem (Hello World) finds Minne-ap beatsmith Cory Grindberg serving up a sweeping piano-synth instrumental (originally featured on a remix of Jay-Z‘s Hello Brooklyn) as Dreams spits some of his most inspirational bars to date. He ends the record with a powerful statement of unity: “I do it for y’all – I’m proud to be black, but I’m more proud to be human and, see, we all are that.” Topped off with a solo by Twin Cities guitarist Mike Frey, this rap anthem is one that hip-hop heads of all shapes, sizes, colors and creeds should be able to get behind. Dreamer’s Poetry is set to hit DJBooth.net for free download on Feb. 8, in anticipation of its physical release the next day; fans can check out a sneak peek at the tracklist and album art at RefinedHype.com right now.
Written by richard on 01/21/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)