Cynics, now would be a good time to step away from your computer; the dose of musical positivity Mike Dreams delivers on the latest (and probably final) single/leak off his long-awaited debut album is so strong it might send you into convulsions – either that or make your heart instantly grow three sizes larger a la the Grinch. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Hip Hope Anthem (Hello World) finds Minne-ap beatsmith Cory Grindberg serving up a sweeping piano-synth instrumental (originally featured on a remix of Jay-Z‘s Hello Brooklyn) as Dreams spits some of his most inspirational bars to date. He ends the record with a powerful statement of unity: “I do it for y’all – I’m proud to be black, but I’m more proud to be human and, see, we all are that.” Topped off with a solo by Twin Cities guitarist Mike Frey, this rap anthem is one that hip-hop heads of all shapes, sizes, colors and creeds should be able to get behind. Dreamer’s Poetry is set to hit DJBooth.net for free download on Feb. 8, in anticipation of its physical release the next day; fans can check out a sneak peek at the tracklist and album art at RefinedHype.com right now.
Written by richard on 01/21/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.