Cynics, now would be a good time to step away from your computer; the dose of musical positivity Mike Dreams delivers on the latest (and probably final) single/leak off his long-awaited debut album is so strong it might send you into convulsions – either that or make your heart instantly grow three sizes larger a la the Grinch. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Hip Hope Anthem (Hello World) finds Minne-ap beatsmith Cory Grindberg serving up a sweeping piano-synth instrumental (originally featured on a remix of Jay-Z‘s Hello Brooklyn) as Dreams spits some of his most inspirational bars to date. He ends the record with a powerful statement of unity: “I do it for y’all – I’m proud to be black, but I’m more proud to be human and, see, we all are that.” Topped off with a solo by Twin Cities guitarist Mike Frey, this rap anthem is one that hip-hop heads of all shapes, sizes, colors and creeds should be able to get behind. Dreamer’s Poetry is set to hit DJBooth.net for free download on Feb. 8, in anticipation of its physical release the next day; fans can check out a sneak peek at the tracklist and album art at RefinedHype.com right now.
Written by richard on 01/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.