Fresh off his switch from “Young Son” to the more mature (and distinctive) moniker Mike Dreams, Minne-ap up-and-comer Michael Hannah brings his trademark upbeat touch to the topic of hater-dom on single number three off his long-awaited sophomore full-length. After a deceptively low-key intro, Gettin’ Ours kicks into high gear – Teddy Roxpin, the beatsmith who worked his magic on This Far, takes a similar approach here, delivering an infectious, Chipmunk-sampled groove with a dash of rock ‘n’ roll energy. Dreams keeps things civil as he addresses his doubters, but his unfailingly polite rhymes hit home with the force of a dozen profanity-laced tirades – packed with motivational wisdom and clever wordplay (“Like a shepherd with his sheep, you better act like you herd/heard.”), his confident verses should leave the critics with little to say. One of the catchiest cuts we’ve heard from the artist to date, Gettin’ Ours will undoubtedly get the opposite of hate in the Booth, Dreamer’s Poetry has yet to receive a solid release date, but fans should keep it locked to our frontpage for all the latest!
Written by richard on 09/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)