Contrary to what many of his previous features might suggest, Mike Dreams doesn’t spend his every waking moment hustling his way to rap stardom. On Everything Is Good, a Booth-exclusive world premiere off his forthcoming junior album, we catch the Minneapolis rhymesayer (and freestyle series alum) on one of his rare evenings off. Producer G Mo establishes a mellow, headphone-ready vibe on the production tip, serving up a keyboard-driven groove accented with old-school cuts from DJ Advance, and Dreams comes with laid-back bars to match. Though he claims to be “feelin’ like the Diddy of [his] town,” the artist nonetheless keeps it refreshingly real, admitting: “You know how they say you ain’t trickin’ if you got it? / Well tonight I guess you can say I’m trickin’ to be honest.” Frequent collaborator Christina Fisher (We Goin’ Worldwide, Feelin’ Out This World) assists on the guest tip, providing atmospheric backing vocals as well as an airy chorus. The perfect soundtrack for the breezy summer nights that lie ahead, this is just one of many fresh, ear-pleasing cuts to be found on the artist’s DJBooth-hosted Millennial LP, set for release August 7.
Written by richard on 07/11/12
The first and last generation of it's kind: Generation Y. Children who were born in the 80s and 90s, who are now grown up and currently running the world we live in. On his third independently-released studio album,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.