Contrary to what many of his previous features might suggest, Mike Dreams doesn’t spend his every waking moment hustling his way to rap stardom. On Everything Is Good, a Booth-exclusive world premiere off his forthcoming junior album, we catch the Minneapolis rhymesayer (and freestyle series alum) on one of his rare evenings off. Producer G Mo establishes a mellow, headphone-ready vibe on the production tip, serving up a keyboard-driven groove accented with old-school cuts from DJ Advance, and Dreams comes with laid-back bars to match. Though he claims to be “feelin’ like the Diddy of [his] town,” the artist nonetheless keeps it refreshingly real, admitting: “You know how they say you ain’t trickin’ if you got it? / Well tonight I guess you can say I’m trickin’ to be honest.” Frequent collaborator Christina Fisher (We Goin’ Worldwide, Feelin’ Out This World) assists on the guest tip, providing atmospheric backing vocals as well as an airy chorus. The perfect soundtrack for the breezy summer nights that lie ahead, this is just one of many fresh, ear-pleasing cuts to be found on the artist’s DJBooth-hosted Millennial LP, set for release August 7.
Written by richard on 07/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)