Since the February release of his massively-acclaimed, Booth-sponsored Dreamer’s Poetry LP, Mike Dreams has been relatively quiet, only resurfacing to bring us mixtape leak How to Make It in America. Has my Minne-ap neighbor been off his grind? Yeah – and, if you glance out your window, you just might see a flock of pigs flying by. I kid, I kid. As always, the freestyle series alum has been putting in overtime, and Any Day Now, the lead single off his sophomore set, is proof. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the record finds producer Jimmy Easy serving up a pensive, slow-burning synth groove (complete with guest vocals by Dominoe Chy’ea and Toyebi Adedipe) as Dreams updates fans on his unrelenting hustle. With his head in the clouds but his feet planted firmly on the ground, he acknowledges that he’s still “blue-collar poppin’” but remaining convinced that “success is but a breath away.” Does this ambitious joint leave you craving more new material from Mike Dreams? Then be sure to keep it locked for the latest tunes leading up to the October arrival of Just Waking Up.
Written by richard on 09/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.