Since the February release of his massively-acclaimed, Booth-sponsored Dreamer’s Poetry LP, Mike Dreams has been relatively quiet, only resurfacing to bring us mixtape leak How to Make It in America. Has my Minne-ap neighbor been off his grind? Yeah – and, if you glance out your window, you just might see a flock of pigs flying by. I kid, I kid. As always, the freestyle series alum has been putting in overtime, and Any Day Now, the lead single off his sophomore set, is proof. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the record finds producer Jimmy Easy serving up a pensive, slow-burning synth groove (complete with guest vocals by Dominoe Chy’ea and Toyebi Adedipe) as Dreams updates fans on his unrelenting hustle. With his head in the clouds but his feet planted firmly on the ground, he acknowledges that he’s still “blue-collar poppin’” but remaining convinced that “success is but a breath away.” Does this ambitious joint leave you craving more new material from Mike Dreams? Then be sure to keep it locked for the latest tunes leading up to the October arrival of Just Waking Up.
Written by richard on 09/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Timeless Classic" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.