Once upon a time, NYC buzzmaker Mike Check was just another elementary-schooler with pipe dreams of a career in the music game. What separated him from the countless others with similar aspirations? He held out HOPE, rather than allowing himself to be distracted from his hustle or disheartened by the inevitable setbacks. On this freshly-released album single, featured in conjunction with Gator 8 Film‘s official visuals, Mike recounts how his childhood love of music developed into an ironclad determination to make it as an emcee. Joining the headliner over Nytro‘s delicate piano arpeggios and thundering percussion, Ewald delivers a heartfelt guest hook. Has this uplifting cut left you craving more? You’ll find what you seek on Mike Check’s Stars, Dreams & Elbow Grease LP, available in stores and online as of February.
Written by richard on 10/30/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.