Plenty of rappers play up their lyrical aggression by comparing themselves to various ferocious animal, but when Booth newcomer Mike Check describes himself as Beastly, he means it literally. The Big Apple underground spitter’s latest single and music video finds him taking the “monster rapper” trope to its logical conclusion, painting himself (also literally) as the kind of malevolent creature that inspires villagers to bust out the pitchforks and torches. As he chronicles his murderous rampage, producer Will Guardian amps up the atmosphere with sinister piano loops and sampled screams, and The Graphyte drives the point home with his old-school horror flick inspired visuals. Stars, Dreams & Elbow Grease currently lacks a solid release date, but fans can expect the project before the end of the year.
Written by richard on 08/23/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.