Plenty of rappers play up their lyrical aggression by comparing themselves to various ferocious animal, but when Booth newcomer Mike Check describes himself as Beastly, he means it literally. The Big Apple underground spitter’s latest single and music video finds him taking the “monster rapper” trope to its logical conclusion, painting himself (also literally) as the kind of malevolent creature that inspires villagers to bust out the pitchforks and torches. As he chronicles his murderous rampage, producer Will Guardian amps up the atmosphere with sinister piano loops and sampled screams, and The Graphyte drives the point home with his old-school horror flick inspired visuals. Stars, Dreams & Elbow Grease currently lacks a solid release date, but fans can expect the project before the end of the year.
Written by richard on 08/23/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.