Most newcomers to our pages wait until after their Booth debut to bring us a second feature. T-Dot rhymesayer Mike Boyd, however, has decided to give us two servings of dope music all at once. Which is somewhat ironic, because the first half is all about doing it small. Yes, I said small. On Small World, Boyd and guest spitter D-Sisive take turns flaunting their tiny bankrolls and compact cars. (They’re undercompensating, if you know what I mean.) Two-thirds of the way in, the transformation of Classified‘s piano-loop beat into a harder-hitting 6/8 groove heralds the arrival of Fly Like a Butterfly, a more braggadocious number showcasing the versatility of the headliner’s flow. Director Philip Sportel turns in an official video that reflects the record’s split personality. For both of the aforementioned joints and much more, check out Boyd’s ...Note the Sarcasm LP, available now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 04/14/14
Submit your Rating
Half Life Records
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.