Most newcomers to our pages wait until after their Booth debut to bring us a second feature. T-Dot rhymesayer Mike Boyd, however, has decided to give us two servings of dope music all at once. Which is somewhat ironic, because the first half is all about doing it small. Yes, I said small. On Small World, Boyd and guest spitter D-Sisive take turns flaunting their tiny bankrolls and compact cars. (They’re undercompensating, if you know what I mean.) Two-thirds of the way in, the transformation of Classified‘s piano-loop beat into a harder-hitting 6/8 groove heralds the arrival of Fly Like a Butterfly, a more braggadocious number showcasing the versatility of the headliner’s flow. Director Philip Sportel turns in an official video that reflects the record’s split personality. For both of the aforementioned joints and much more, check out Boyd’s ...Note the Sarcasm LP, available now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 04/14/14
Submit your Rating
Half Life Records
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.