Most newcomers to our pages wait until after their Booth debut to bring us a second feature. T-Dot rhymesayer Mike Boyd, however, has decided to give us two servings of dope music all at once. Which is somewhat ironic, because the first half is all about doing it small. Yes, I said small. On Small World, Boyd and guest spitter D-Sisive take turns flaunting their tiny bankrolls and compact cars. (They’re undercompensating, if you know what I mean.) Two-thirds of the way in, the transformation of Classified‘s piano-loop beat into a harder-hitting 6/8 groove heralds the arrival of Fly Like a Butterfly, a more braggadocious number showcasing the versatility of the headliner’s flow. Director Philip Sportel turns in an official video that reflects the record’s split personality. For both of the aforementioned joints and much more, check out Boyd’s ...Note the Sarcasm LP, available now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 04/14/14
In late March, Enfield, Nova Scotia native Mike Boyd released an 11-track LP, entitled ...Note the Sarcasm, which caught our collective ear here at The DJBooth. After listening to standout tracks like promo single "Mr. Mike"...
Half Life Records
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.