Most newcomers to our pages wait until after their Booth debut to bring us a second feature. T-Dot rhymesayer Mike Boyd, however, has decided to give us two servings of dope music all at once. Which is somewhat ironic, because the first half is all about doing it small. Yes, I said small. On Small World, Boyd and guest spitter D-Sisive take turns flaunting their tiny bankrolls and compact cars. (They’re undercompensating, if you know what I mean.) Two-thirds of the way in, the transformation of Classified‘s piano-loop beat into a harder-hitting 6/8 groove heralds the arrival of Fly Like a Butterfly, a more braggadocious number showcasing the versatility of the headliner’s flow. Director Philip Sportel turns in an official video that reflects the record’s split personality. For both of the aforementioned joints and much more, check out Boyd’s ...Note the Sarcasm LP, available now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 04/14/14
Submit your Rating
Half Life Records
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.