Killa Kill from the Ville is back with a remixed version of his smash single, Ready Set Go, this time recruiting fellow ATLien and former Purple Ribbon label boss Big Boi. In case you haven’t heard the original version, RSG is produced by No I.D., which means the beat is banging. The sped up sample that sounds like a melody from A Nightmare On Elm St (One, two, Freddys coming for you) is accompanied by dark synth chords and some sharp snare hits. Although we are already aware of the flow Mike and T.I. brought, many will be impressed by the forever flow-hanging Big Boi. Sometimes you can find yourself getting lost in a Big verse, but this time I.D.’s beat perfectly compliments his tempo changes as he spits arguably the best verse on the song. So the question remains, do you think the remix is better than the original? Whatever your answer may be, if you’re ready to hear more music from Mike get set to go cop his upcoming, but unscheduled album, 16 in the Kitchen.
Written by JRTheWriter on 03/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.