Killa Kill from the Ville is back with a remixed version of his smash single, Ready Set Go, this time recruiting fellow ATLien and former Purple Ribbon label boss Big Boi. In case you haven’t heard the original version, RSG is produced by No I.D., which means the beat is banging. The sped up sample that sounds like a melody from A Nightmare On Elm St (One, two, Freddys coming for you) is accompanied by dark synth chords and some sharp snare hits. Although we are already aware of the flow Mike and T.I. brought, many will be impressed by the forever flow-hanging Big Boi. Sometimes you can find yourself getting lost in a Big verse, but this time I.D.’s beat perfectly compliments his tempo changes as he spits arguably the best verse on the song. So the question remains, do you think the remix is better than the original? Whatever your answer may be, if you’re ready to hear more music from Mike get set to go cop his upcoming, but unscheduled album, 16 in the Kitchen.
Written by JRTheWriter on 03/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.